Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 11, 2008, 05:34 PM   #1
suburbia
macrumors 6502

"No Airport card installed" after power supply replacement on iMac g5

I just picked up my iMac g5 20" (2.0 GHz PPC) from the Apple Store for having the power supply replaced.

Now I've lost all traces of the built-in Airport Extreme Card: When I click on the now hollow diamond-shaped Airport icon, I get a grayed-out prompt stating "No Airport card installed". Any record of an Airport Card under System Profile comes up with "No information found". My Airport Express does not show up in Network settings either.

Airport Express works fine in my Macbook Pro, so I know it's not something wrong with my Airport Express.

I tried installing the "Login & Keychain Update", but can't: "You cannot install Login & Keychain Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update".

Ran Disk Utility and came up with errors and unable to repair disk...

Does this sound familiar to anyone? The iMac was fine going in-- except, of course, for the random shut-downs from a failing power supply. What did they do to it??? I have no choice but to take it back in tomorrow...
suburbia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Rapmastac1
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Rapmastac1 Send a message via MSN to Rapmastac1
Have you tried wiping the Hard Drive and reinstalling the OS?
Rapmastac1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs