Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lonegeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Had no problems with previous ipod but was returned because of a dock issue.

Mac mini 1.5ghz core solo w/ 1gb ram with music from ubuntu box over samba

ipod classic 160gb.

Sync will lock up after no time at all. Once it got to 55/65 gbs and locked up though. But all got lost because it didn't finish properly.

When I say lock up. I mean you can move the mouse but nothing is click able.

Even if I go to manually manage. It'll lock up after just a few minutes.

I'm trying to do an update now and sync again. But I'm sure it will lock up again.

Thanks, zach.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Had no problems with previous ipod but was returned because of a dock issue.

Mac mini 1.5ghz core solo w/ 1gb ram with music from ubuntu box over samba

ipod classic 160gb.

Sync will lock up after no time at all. Once it got to 55/65 gbs and locked up though. But all got lost because it didn't finish properly.

When I say lock up. I mean you can move the mouse but nothing is click able.

Even if I go to manually manage. It'll lock up after just a few minutes.

I'm trying to do an update now and sync again. But I'm sure it will lock up again.

Thanks, zach.

Heaps of people have had this problem. Rather than trying to sync all of the music at once, set it to manually manage music and drag and drop 1 or 2GB of music onto your iPod at a time.

mannix87

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2005
in the southeast
I'm having a slightly similar problem w/ iTunes 8, ever since the upgrade, everytime I scroll down the iTMS home page, my iMac locks up. I can move the cursor but not much else. This hasnt happened to my iTunes (ver.7) that i'm still using in my MB.

niemo810

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2007
Heaps of people have had this problem. Rather than trying to sync all of the music at once, set it to manually manage music and drag and drop 1 or 2GB of music onto your iPod at a time.

The OP said he's already tried manually managing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.