Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngaymoi200808

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
I post detail at Software nha khoa Group
I have a Apple g4 ibook that will not power up.The battery doesn't charge either.Is it possible that the dc input is bad?I took it to the Apple store and they could not determine the problem.They said they could send it to the depot to have it repaired for $280

dubhe

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
I post detail at Software nha khoa Group
I have a Apple g4 ibook that will not power up.The battery doesn't charge either.Is it possible that the dc input is bad?I took it to the Apple store and they could not determine the problem.They said they could send it to the depot to have it repaired for $280

Does the dc adapter show a green/orange light when plugged in?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
There is a small power converter board that might have gone out. While it might be something a lot more expensive, it might be worth $15 to give that a shot. iFixit has the guides online. Just poke around on some of the other forums and see if anyone else has had that issue. Might even try contacting iFixit to see if that's it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-IN-Board-Cab...14&_trkparms=72:1234|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.