Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 12, 2008, 02:43 PM   #1
azhoops
macrumors newbie

AppleTV app store would be great

after installing boxee and checking out how much more useful my apple TV is, Apple should consider an APP store like for Iphone to install games, internet TV(hulu, cbs, abc), netflix. I think it would make it much more popular. I think developers would love the chance to create cools apps.
azhoops is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 08:56 PM   #2
FF_productions
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to FF_productions Send a message via Skype™ to FF_productions
I think what would hold it back is the remote, iPhone is great because all the developers could take advantage of the multi-touch screen and they were almost guaranteed profit because of its popularity.

BUT, yes more media options like Hulu and the like would be very cool, netflix, etc who knows.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 09:38 PM   #3
itouch rulz
macrumors regular

Just some widgets like weather and simple news feeds would be good.
itouch rulz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 09:48 PM   #4
BornAgainMac
macrumors 601

I want video / audio iChat. Just like being on the bridge.
BornAgainMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 02:54 PM   #5
BoulderBum
macrumors 6502a

Apple patented a Wii-like remote for the Apple TV. I think an App Store coupled with that remote would be fantastic for a casual gaming platform!

Hulu would be nice (if the service were more reliable), but I doubt that it will make its way to Apple TV through anything but an App Store, as they're in direct competition with Apple's a la carte TV/movie model.
BoulderBum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 03:15 PM   #6
shiseiryu1
macrumors 6502

Opportunity for Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderBum View Post
Apple patented a Wii-like remote for the Apple TV. I think an App Store coupled with that remote would be fantastic for a casual gaming platform!

Hulu would be nice (if the service were more reliable), but I doubt that it will make its way to Apple TV through anything but an App Store, as they're in direct competition with Apple's a la carte TV/movie model.
This is where I think Apple has a big opportunity. They already have a huge library of TV shows and videos. They should work it out so that the user has the option of buying the show OR watching a free Ad-supported version. More and more content providers are giving their content away on their own websites anyhow...they might as well allow Apple to distribute it with an ad-revenue sharing agreement.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater