Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Nov 14, 2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Dreamer1508
macrumors newbie

Macbook Guest Account???

Okay, I have this black macbook.. I got it back in June 2008. It's been awesome. But I want to disable the guest account because no one is using my laptop except me. I tried to disable it but checking the box, I checked it and closed out of the window. and when I went back to it, it said log on only, I kept doing this and on my log on screen there is this user that says Other. I tried going into advanced options and it will not let me enter that window....

I think that someone deleted that information that was in there...so I think I am lock out of the guest account because It won't let me log on.

so what do I do?
Dreamer1508 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 06:18 AM   #2
molala
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer1508 View Post
Okay, I have this black macbook.. I got it back in June 2008. It's been awesome. But I want to disable the guest account because no one is using my laptop except me. I tried to disable it but checking the box, I checked it and closed out of the window. and when I went back to it, it said log on only, I kept doing this and on my log on screen there is this user that says Other. I tried going into advanced options and it will not let me enter that window....

I think that someone deleted that information that was in there...so I think I am lock out of the guest account because It won't let me log on.

so what do I do?
You need to go to System Preferences --> Accounts. Click the padlock to make changes. It will ask for an admin password. Then you can disable the guest account on there.
molala is offline   -1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook