|Nov 15, 2008, 12:21 PM||#1|
Using Bittorrent with Macbook Rev 2 SSD
I currently have the new 2.4 macbook, but after checking how light and sexy the MBA is I really want to exchange the Macbook for an MBA 1.8 SSD.
I been reading the forums for a while and aware of the problems rev 2 air have.
I'm willing to take the risk of lines and the four finger gesture, however I read online Bit torrent is really bad with SSDs. I use bit torrent a lot and this will be a deal breaker for me.
My question is for those Rev 2 SSD owners who use bit torrent regularly, how is the performance?
My other question is should I just get the HD version instead? The durability is not as big of an issue as performance. I saw the benchmark of the new SSD air on this forum and was really impressed, but I don't know if it's largely because of the faster SSD.
Due to Apple's delay in HD shipping, there aren't any reviews or bench mark up for the HD version, and I have a friend who is willing to take the macbook off my hands for the same amount I paid for. So I don't really want to wait to long to give him the macbook.
Can anyone give me some advice on which version I should buy, because I have to do it ASAP due to Apple's delay in shipping for the HD version.
|Nov 17, 2008, 11:56 AM||#4|
|Nov 17, 2008, 02:12 PM||#6|
Exactly how fast are you torrenting? I'm guessing that if the SSD does a good job keeping up when copying files from external drives at USB speeds, the SSD isn't going to slow something as slow (relatively) as a torrent?!
|Nov 17, 2008, 02:29 PM||#7|
No, SSD is better for random writes.
Unless your internet speed is faster than your storage access speed, it's not going to be an issue.
I would use an external harddrive for that if possible.
*** Is redesign innovation? The false burdens of Apple iOS *** | Apple User Art | Celebs with Macs | Mac: Power Users | Tech Humor
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Does anyone have 2 ssd installed in macbook + lion?||onetimeking||Mac Basics and Help||0||Aug 3, 2011 09:26 PM|
|MacBook Pro 2.53 c2d SSD Options||rversteegh||MacBook Pro||0||Jul 26, 2011 06:27 PM|
|Intel x25-m G2 SSD vs Intel 510 SSD for 2.2 Ghz Macbook Pro 15''||badfish123||MacBook Pro||5||Mar 4, 2011 09:54 AM|
|Anyone with transintl prodrive+2 SSDs with experience they could pass along?||rotarypower101||Mac Pro||2||Jan 1, 2011 10:26 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.