Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Feb 11, 2004, 12:20 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

'Windows User Experience Team' bash OS X. Biggest flaw the...

Category: Microsoft
Link: 'Windows User Experience Team' bash OS X. Biggest flaw they seem able to find - jumping dock icons.

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Feb 11, 2004, 12:21 PM   #2
Mudbug
Administrator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mudbug Send a message via Skype™ to Mudbug
this is officially stupid.

My .02
Old Feb 11, 2004, 12:30 PM   #3
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
I deleted this from macbytes

this is paul thurott's site... he exists to be anti-mac to get traffic.

arn
arn is offline   0
Old Feb 11, 2004, 12:32 PM   #4
mkaake
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Who the heck just wants to acquire pictures? You want to organize and manage them, you want to print, you want to share, and you want to post them on a Web site. You have to measure the thing in total to understand the end-to-end scenario. And these are the things we started doing in XP and will really expand on hugely in Longhorn.
hmm... that kind of thinking really makes me PO'd... it's for that reason that you can't seem to actually just do the things you want to with xp... sounds like it's gonna be worse with longhorn. i was at my grandpa's house, cause he wanted to print some pictures he had taken at a wedding.
<decides not to recount entire story cause i'm wasting time at work that i shouldn't be wasting>

basically, whenever windows *thinks* that you want to do something, it starts opening up all of the wizards you can possibly imagine, and in some instances doesn't give you a way around it - so if you want to do something that's actually a *simple* task, it turns into a nightmare...

so yeah, it just scares the crap out of me when they say 'we started doing in xp andwill really expand on hugely in longhorn'

bahh... worthless ranting on my behalf. i'm happy using 9. (though i'd be happier using X)

matt
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:11 PM   #5
MrMacMan
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to MrMacMan
Deleted it...

Hhuuhh...

okayy...

Ah well.
IM Me On AIM Already!
MrMacMan is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2004, 11:37 AM   #6
dukemeiser
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to dukemeiser Send a message via Yahoo to dukemeiser
The funny thing is Thurott claims to be a Mac user. Of course that could be a lie, and he's really just sleeping with Bill Gates (literally, not that metaphoric stuff...).
dukemeiser is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion