|Nov 16, 2008, 12:09 AM||#1|
HELP PLEASE! Macbook Pro will start up but with no video.
Hi, I need help, please!
My Macbook Pro will turn on, but it won't display anything, aka there are issues with video displaying on the computer.
I have tried a lot of things...
1) Battery and AC off / hold power for 5 seconds
2) Start and reset the RAM (cntrl + opt + p + r)
3) Turning the brightness way up
4) Control + Option + Restart
Please help! I need it for school and can't really spend much time without it...
Thanks in advance.
|Nov 16, 2008, 08:59 AM||#2|
Does the icon show on the screen when you're changing the brightness? Try booting in to safe mode and see if it will display anything. If all else fails, contact Apple or make an appointment to see a Genius at your local Apple Store.
"Nobody's perfect. Well there was this one guy, but we killed him." -Anonymous
|Nov 16, 2008, 01:36 PM||#3|
With my amazing experience with my "old" MBP, that I just got rid off, here's my 2 cents:
I had two issues concerning not being able to see the screen.
1. You cannot see the screen at all, not even by squinting or shining a flashlight. If you connect the MBP to an external screen it still won't display anything.
If this is the case you're GPU card has failed. You will need a logic board replacement.
2. You cannot change the brightness of the screen and it seems stuck on the lowest setting. You can kind of make out that desktop and can see it better if you shine a flashlight. If you connect the MBP to an external screen it will behave normally.
If this is the case here are some of the possibilities:
A) The screen backlight has died (will need to replace the screen)
B) A cable has come loose (Depending on the reason why it came lose it can vary from simply reconnecting it better or replacing the logic board/cable).
|Nov 16, 2008, 06:24 PM||#5|
Most likely, the GPU failed. The old 8600M GT cards from nVidia were defects so Apple should replace it for free.
Mac Pro | Thunderbolt Display | iPhone 6 | iPad Air 2 | Apple TV | AirPort Extreme
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|MacBook Pro won't start up||Ohno1234||MacBook Pro||4||Feb 12, 2014 05:18 AM|
|My MacBook Pro tries to start up but can't||ToddJ||MacBook Pro||6||Nov 29, 2013 08:30 PM|
|>>>> help please macbook pro wont start up<<<<<||dirtstout||MacBook Pro||4||May 15, 2013 12:00 PM|
|Macbook pro won't start||hukang||MacBook Pro||3||May 2, 2013 12:27 PM|
|MacBook Pro Retina v Mac Book Pro 2011 Start Up Speed||ramykhuffash||MacBook Pro||10||Jun 20, 2012 11:40 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.