Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angrymacbookuse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
This is a horrible issue that just popped up. It was not present for the first several weeks of using the new MacBook aluminum. Now, if I unplug the AC adapter the Mac still thinks it is plugged in. It says "power source: power adapter" and it does not indicate that it is running on the battery. Furthermore, my power adapter green/orange lights up intermittently now...sometimes it is just black. I am very worried this is a hardware issue with the macbook itself as even when it is running completely unplugged from the ac, it still thinks it is on ac power.

I have tried:

Resetting the SMC
Repairing permissions, repairing the disk in disk utility.

Praying to god.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks very much.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I definitely understand your frustration... I would try Apple Care. They will honestly assess your situation and recommend the best course of action. There's no need to be angry about this :D

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
set up a genius bar appointment at your local apple store and see if they can give you a new battery.. if you try a new one and that doesn't work they might swap your macbook out for a new one

superczar

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2008
See this

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/599506/

Same issue..
I took the system to a AASP who ran some tests and concluded that it was an issues with the logic board (they also tried a battery swap and that didnt fix it)
Fortunately for me, the system is still in the DOA period
Unfortunately, the system was bought in the US and I am in India which makes the whole DOA process rather twisted...
Keeping my fingers crossed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.