Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Feb 11, 2004, 06:51 PM   #1
MacAztec
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to MacAztec
Broken Sony Camera - Where to get it fixed?

I have a Sony TRV-30 MiniDV Camera, and something is wrong with it. Every time I put in a tape, it makes weird noises, and then when I take the tape out, it sometimes shreds the black stuff inside it.

Then, on the display, an error comes up that says "Align Heads" or "Clean Heads" or something like that.

Does anyone have an idea where I should send it to get it repaired? I believe the warranty is up on it, we bought it in August on 2000.
MacAztec is offline   0
Old Feb 11, 2004, 08:29 PM   #2
flyfish29
macrumors 68020

Do you use the camera with iMovie? If so, it is very hard on the recording heads so you will want to go to an electronics store and buy the head cleaner they rec. for your camera...or go to sony.com and buy it better yet. If you clean the heads and it doesn't improve...might take a couple of cleanings...then talk to a repair shop...you should be able to find a sony authorized repair shop off the sony site someplace.
good luck.
flyfish29 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community