Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 11, 2004, 07:57 PM   #1
Applexilef
macrumors regular

I need a Mac software equivalent

hello everyone

I'm a brand new switcher to the world of macs, I've been very happy so far with my ibook. Back when I had a PC, I used Mathcad to do some of my homework for my classes. I was just wondering, is there something like Mathcad for Mac?

Peace
go knights!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 08:09 PM   #2
pepeleuepe
macrumors 6502

Mathematica is a powerful math simulation tool. It is very easy to use (compared to Matlab) and works on Macs. It can be pricey, but if you're a student it shouldn't cost too much with the discount.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:35 PM   #3
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally posted by pepeleuepe
Mathematica is a powerful math simulation tool. It is very easy to use (compared to Matlab) and works on Macs. It can be pricey, but if you're a student it shouldn't cost too much with the discount.
You might take a look at LiveMath Maker, a cross-platform math program. I find it somewhat more straightforward than MathCAD. My major complaint against it is that LiveMath Maker is copy-protected. That is a sad state of affairs for Theorist, the original name of LiveMath Maker. Copy-protected or not, it works great.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 01:47 PM   #4
janey
macrumors 603

check this out....some nice student discounts too
http://academicsuperstore.com/market...ry=Higher+Math

or for both windows and mac: http://academicsuperstore.com/market...html?id=244835

janey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 03:03 PM   #5
unc32
macrumors regular

a lot of people use maple too

http://www.mapleapps.com/
unc32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store