Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danvan21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I work as a coat check on weekends and need something to pass the time(there is WiFi in the closet) so i want to buy a game for my aluminum macbook. Its the 2.4ghz with no upgrades. Im leaning towards Age of Empires III because im a big fan of strategy games like Red Alert (used to have it on OLD PC). Before i bought it i just wanted to get some other ideas or if anyone had it on a similar system and it failed badly id get something else. I hate WoW so if anyone suggests it, i hate you.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
You could always go for WoW.

The OP said NO to WoW, thanks for reading.

Hey if you like Real Time Strategy, try Warcraft 3. It is a little dated, but is still extremely fun and doesn't require a huge time commitment like WoW.

eLbanana

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008

Hey if you like Real Time Strategy, try Warcraft 3. It is a little dated, but is still extremely fun and doesn't require a huge time commitment like WoW.

Agree! Get warcraft 3. Perfect balanced strategy games with still a huge community. U can play 1on1, 2on2, 3on3, 4on4 and free for all plus lots of fungames which can get you addicted ;)

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
If you don't mind CrossOver Games or VMWare Fusion then Dawn of War and its' expansions is great.
Warcraft 3 is also good fun.

danvan21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
i dont have any type of crossover so windows based games are out. ive played warcraft 3 and its pretty tight. Has anyone tried Age of Empires III on a alumacbook?

OZMP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2008
i personally found AOE3 very boring, i rate warcraft3 and the x-pac tho

yoavcs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2004
Israel

I was joking, thanks for having the sense of humor of a dry biscuit.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Try Neverwinter Nights. Either the first one, or the second. I believe the second can be played on the new Macbooks - but you need to look into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.