Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SInsitro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hello.
Is it normal when you put a cd or a dvd into the drive, seems like the drive is closed, and you need to adjust the position of the cd so he could enter!
Someone could help?
thanks a lot

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
So your saying when you slide it in, it won't automatically "suck" it in right away? You have to wiggle it around in order for it to recognize that it's there so it "sucks" it in?

SInsitro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
So your saying when you slide it in, it won't automatically "suck" it in right away? You have to wiggle it around in order for it to recognize that it's there so it "sucks" it in?

yeah!thats it, i've asked some people and they say its normal!
does the same happens to you?

ChazDaSpaz

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2008
You should have to put the disk in about 3/4 of the way in before it sucks it in automatically. If you mean that you have to put the disk in at an angle :eek: then something is wrong, otherwise it sounds pretty normal to me.

SInsitro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
You should have to put the disk in about 3/4 of the way in before it sucks it in automatically. If you mean that you have to put the disk in at an angle :eek: then something is wrong, otherwise it sounds pretty normal to me.

Not in a angle, junt insert it smoothly, otherwise sometimes seems that the drive is closed....

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
To OP, I re-read your post and finally know what your problem was. My response - No, I never have to fish around in order to stick the disc in. It's smooth and effortless. You may want to take your MB to the store, and compare it with other display models.

SInsitro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
To OP, I re-read your post and finally know what your problem was. My response - No, I don't have a fish around stick the disc in. It's smooth and effortless. You may want to take your MB to the store, and compare it with other display models.

the problem is when i want to put a cd/dvd inside, sometimes seems the drive is closed, and i have to put it smoothly.is it normal?

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
the problem is when i want to put a cd/dvd inside, sometimes seems the drive is closed, and i have to put it smoothly.is it normal?

No, my drive never felt 'closed' when I insert a disc. My drive is HL-DT-ST DVDRW GS21N. If you have the same one, then yours definitely behaves differently than mine.

Having said that, there's no need to panic. You have a year (of warranty) to test it out. If it's really defective, it's an easy task for Apple to swap out the drive.

SInsitro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
No, my drive never felt 'closed' when I insert a disc. My drive is HL-DT-ST DVDRW GS21N. If you have the same one, then yours definitely behaves differently than mine.

Having said that, there's no need to panic. You have a year (of warranty) to test it out. If it's really defective, it's an easy task for Apple to swap out the drive.

it's the same as you, but the drive reads and burns the cd/dvd very well.its just this "problem", its happening the same problem to a friend of mine.why are mac users so picky? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.