Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Black&Tan
macrumors 6502a

Online Portfolio Options

I'm facing a dilemma, an unexpected job search.

I need to create an online portfolio ASAP, but I don't have the time right now to generate my own website from scratch. Are there any online portfolio options out there that don't look like "cookie cutter" layouts, and would be appropriate to link to in a job search? I'm probably not looking for agency work at this point in my career, but more of a corporate/mid-size company, so this would need to make it through their HR department.

Thanks for the help/suggestions, I have a challenging path ahead of me...
Black&Tan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:02 PM   #2
ezekielrage_99
macrumors 68040

I would highly recommend Behance, you can get your stuff on it within a day and it's free. I use Behance Prosite now for my CV and it seems to be far easier than cutting code, it looks great and I can link it into other professional networks (infact I had two interviews without needing to apply).

The prosite is a really good way of displaying a portfolio furthermore you can customise the hell out of it by changing colours, layout, backgrounds, content, etc.. really quickly without needing to know HTML. Behance hosts the site you just need to like it to a domain name if you want to.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 09:00 PM   #3
Black&Tan
macrumors 6502a

I discovered Behance in my web searches this afternoon, although I thought it was invitation only. Has that changed, or is Prosite the paid version of Behance?

Two interviews based off of Behance....very impressive! What other professional networks are you linking it into? Job search sites or something along the lines of Linked In and Facebook?
Black&Tan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:10 PM   #4
ezekielrage_99
macrumors 68040

There's two flavors of Behance, Behance (free, just need to sign up) and Behance Prosite ($11 per month).

The basic will allow you to upload content for projects, you just need to sign up while the paid version use the projects from Behance and allows you to "skin" how you want it to look. With the normal Behance you can, follow, like and comment on people's projects or overall profile along with building your own portfolio.

You just need to follow a fee people, they'll follow you, and you build a presence from their. With the "like" you can also build your standing in network, so far I have 93 likes

It's good because I've noticed companies and agencies gradually adding their work to the network, which can help you professionally.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics