Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 18, 2008, 03:14 PM   #1
littlejim84
macrumors newbie

My PowerBook G4 wont start after Tiger update...

Hello...

I have an old PowerBook 12inch G4 Mac laptop... I had recently installed Leopard on it, but that was a bad idea (as it sucked the power from it) and so I wanted to get back to Tiger. I installed Tiger fine and it was working fine. I thought I should put the combo update on it, to make it the latest and greatest, but after installing it and rebooting the machine it just now sits on the apple logo with the circle logo whirling underneath. And that's as far as it goes. It seems the combo update has messed it up.

So... I decided to try and boot from the Tiger disc again. Thing is, my PowerBook disc drive broke ages ago, so I use a FireWire external CD/DVD drive to do my disc duties. I first installed Tiger from this very drive, so it can't be that this is broke too. But when I try holding "C" when booting, it does nothing. When trying to hold "T" when booting, the CD doesn't come up as a start up device...

I'm really stuck on where to go next... Can anyone help me? ... Please???

Thank you! - Jim
littlejim84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs