Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:16 PM   #1
foofan
macrumors 6502a

just watched hulu via boxee

I installed boxeee today and watched some hulu, which is my sole reason for installing it. It does work great and i watched a few episodes of the rock ford files.

All i've been thinking about is Apple could easily make this obsolete. All they need to do is have a software update and add a hulu channel like they do with youtube. If they did, boxee wouldn't even cross my mind anymore.

What someone needs to do is come up with an app that they know apple would never make.

Last edited by foofan; Nov 19, 2008 at 07:26 AM.
foofan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:17 PM   #2
mynameisraj
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to mynameisraj
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofan View Post
I installed boxeee today and watched some hulu, which is my sole reason for installing it. It does work great and i watched a few episodes of the rock ford files.

All i've been thinking about is Apple could easily make this obsolete. All they need to do is have a software update and add a hulu channel like they do with youtube. If they did, boxee wouldn't even cross my mind anymore.

What someone needs to do is come up with an app that they know apple would never make.

How bout a boxee style app, that has channels like bangbros, realitykings and seymorebutts. Now that would be something, especially if they were in HD
Hulu = awesome

'nuff said.
mynameisraj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:14 PM   #3
aross99
macrumors 68000

I'm not sure Apple will ever do this, since it would seem like it would kill the sales of iTunes TV shows.

Don't know how many people are buying TV shows, but for me, I am only getting them when I miss an episode on TV. At $2/show, it is just a little to much. for $2, I will probably watch them on HULU.

Get that down to $1 for a rental type deal, and I think it would help...
aross99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater