Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games

Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:00 PM   #1
Sparky's
macrumors 6502a

URU for MAC

Good News for those who know the Myst-Riven game world. I just found out that Cyan has officially announced the development of Uru for MAC, but no release dates I know of. I have been with the Uruobsession.com group fro a while now and all I see there is PC jibber jabber, but I am holding the breath for this one!!

I have finished realMyst, Riven, MystII exile and have read the trilogy, so bring it on!!

Anyone hear of any more news on the release?

24"iMac, Adobe CS4, 1T LaCie backup drive
Sparky's is offline   0
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:22 PM   #2
Powerbook G5
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Powerbook G5 Send a message via Yahoo to Powerbook G5
Awesome! I have been so beyond pissed that Uru isn't out for the Mac. Come on, Myst was originally a Macintosh exclusive and the entire series has been with the Mac so if they had shafted us on this new edition to the series, I would have been really annoyed. I too have finished the trilogy, so the new chapter would be great to get into.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:36 PM   #3
bousozoku
Moderator emeritus

It was easy for them to make the original Myst cross-platform since it was made using Macromedia Director. They just sent it to the PC, opened it in Director and rebuilt it, targeting the PC.

I know RealMyst was made much differently. What about Myst III:Exile and Uru?
bousozoku is offline   0
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:44 PM   #4
LoadRunner
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to LoadRunner Send a message via Yahoo to LoadRunner
That's great, but what will happen if it's released around the same time as world of warcraft?

BTW wasn't the orginal myst made in hyper card? I rember hacking it with hyper script unlock.

Last edited by LoadRunner; Feb 13, 2004 at 12:02 AM.
LoadRunner is offline   0
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:18 AM   #5
Simon Liquid
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Simon Liquid
I'm pretty excited about this too. I still have to track down RealMyst, maybe I can find it discounted somewhere now.
Simon Liquid is offline   0
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:27 AM   #6
Powerbook G5
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Powerbook G5 Send a message via Yahoo to Powerbook G5
You can usually find realMyst at CompUSA, that's where I got my copy for $29
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:38 AM   #7
bousozoku
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by LoadRunner
That's great, but what will happen if it's released around the same time as world of warcraft?

BTW wasn't the orginal myst made in hyper card? I rember hacking it with hyper script unlock.
There were others but not that one. I can get the QuickTime video from the CD-ROM for you. They used Strata 3D and Macromedia Director.
bousozoku is offline   0
Old Feb 14, 2004, 12:58 AM   #8
LoadRunner
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to LoadRunner Send a message via Yahoo to LoadRunner
http://members.aol.com/hcheaven/arti...an/cyan.3.html
http://www.cornstalker.com/journal/a...hypercard.html
http://beta.peachpit.com/books/catalog/88446.html

Well I use to do a little macromedia development. It would be a good choice for myst, but i'm pritty shure it wasn't. Macromedia requires develoeprs to display their logo on their published works. Where is the logo on myst?

Also cyan had a history with hyper card with thier prevus projects. Such as the award winning game "the manhaton project." Then there the fact the the curser in myst is the cruser from hyper card.

Considering it has all the element that made up myst it would make sense to chose the current rendition of director, but quick time wasn't included untill vertion 4 or 5. Ealer vertion were much more orented tords animation.

it was made on macs, with apple quick time, with appl hyper card.

btw won't it be great to ahve an online world to play inw here your nto counting ranks?
LoadRunner is offline   0
Old Feb 15, 2004, 12:31 PM   #9
Sparky's
macrumors 6502a

Simon, my wife got me the Myst Trilogy CD for Christmas but the "Myst" was for PC only and the Riven and Myst III were MAC (imagine someone actually pacjaging that inone box :>(). Anyway I found the realMyst for MAC on Amazon for about $29.00 (the link actually took me to gogamer.com). just do a Goolgle search for realMyst and have fun!!

24"iMac, Adobe CS4, 1T LaCie backup drive
Sparky's is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games