Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
How about the intel mac? What's the difference?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
should work fine with your powerbook provided it has BT, i know it wasnt standard on all of them in the beginning.

what issue are you running into?

edit: just realized it was the apple one, although i dont think that should make a difference. unless they only have profiles for it for phones.

Maac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
should work fine with your powerbook provided it has BT, i know it wasnt standard on all of them in the beginning.

edit: just realized it was the apple one, although i dont think that should make a difference. unless they only have profiles for it for phones.

I used the "Bluetooth Setup Assistant" to find the headset but It couldn't find it. I powered it on and still no respond. My iPhone is well paired.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
I used the "Bluetooth Setup Assistant" to find the headset but It couldn't find it. I powered it on and still no respond. My iPhone is well paired.

they might be limiting it with the profiles then. according to their site they only say that it supports the iphone, which leads me to the conclusion that they're being stingy with it.

Maac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006

Maac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
I got it.

Step 1: Set the headset to be discoverable

Turn off the headset.

Press and hold the headset button for about eight seconds, until you hear the startup tone and then five quick high beeps.

The headset is now discoverable and will remain so for about five minutes. The status light blinks while the headset is discoverable.

Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth on the other device and search for devices

On the device, turn Bluetooth on and set the device to search for other Bluetooth devices.

On the device, choose iPhone Bluetooth Headset and enter the PIN code 0000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.