Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boxvee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
The HD in my G5 Duel 1.8 failed. I installed a new one and installed the OS from the original install CD's Went through the "Software update" process and noticed that iTunes (4.6) was not updated. Skype will not launch no matter what version I install. I have reset the PRAM, reformatted the HD and reinstalled all to the same result. Other app's are running normally IE: QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator. Network/internet connections are OK. I think Mail and Safari were updated to 1.3.11 (v622/624) & 1.3.2 (v312.6). I have attempted all of the ideas I can find on searches no change.

boxvee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
This is because iTunes 8 doesn't support your version of Mac OS X (10.3.9) anymore.

I am not trying to update to iTunes 8 just the last version that is compatible with OS 10.3.9 - QuickTime is at V: 6.5.1
I really do not care that much about updating the iTunes that is just a symptom - it is Skype that I need running.

Console log =
dyld: /Applications/Skype.app/Contents/MacOS/Skype can't open library: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Skype says it does not need that library.

The Solution: I downloaded this version of QuickTime http://support.apple.com/downloads/QuickTime_7_4_5_for_Panther and installed. Skype is running!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.