Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:43 PM   #1
pauloji
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Booting up a macbook with external keyboard

Hi there Iīve encountered a problem and hope somebody coould help me

I currently own a macbook pro with intel cpu and running mac os and windows by boot camp. The thing is i got a water spill on my keyboard and it isnīt working anymore. Iīve ordered a new keyboard for the laptop however i live in Brasil and itīs still a little dificult to get parts around here. I currently have the windows booting up and canīt change the boot to mac os cause the option button doesnīt work. Iīve tried an usb keyboard but it seems like the computer only recognizes the keyboard after the boot up.

If anyone has any idea on helping me at least boot up back on mac os I would really apreciate cause I hate having to work with windows. Thanks
pauloji is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 05:58 PM   #2
hypmatize
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloji View Post
Hi there Iīve encountered a problem and hope somebody coould help me

I currently own a macbook pro with intel cpu and running mac os and windows by boot camp. The thing is i got a water spill on my keyboard and it isnīt working anymore. Iīve ordered a new keyboard for the laptop however i live in Brasil and itīs still a little dificult to get parts around here. I currently have the windows booting up and canīt change the boot to mac os cause the option button doesnīt work. Iīve tried an usb keyboard but it seems like the computer only recognizes the keyboard after the boot up.

If anyone has any idea on helping me at least boot up back on mac os I would really apreciate cause I hate having to work with windows. Thanks
When you boot up into windows open the bootcamp control panel and you can change the boot order from there... just click on the osx partition and click restart and it should boot in osx without a problem.

hope that helped
hypmatize is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:04 AM   #3
pauloji
macrumors newbie

Thanks hypmatize

Thanks , i didn't know about that boot camp control panel on windows at least i'm already on mac OS thankx
pauloji is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2008, 03:46 AM   #4
hypmatize
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloji View Post
Thanks , i didn't know about that boot camp control panel on windows at least i'm already on mac OS thankx
No problem man. Glad to hear that you are back on osx.
hypmatize is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro