Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arnieterm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Is it possible to dynamically create files with our own Iphone application directory like say creating a .txt file in my Iphone app directory?
Do I have to use NSFileHandle for it or what another api from IPhone SDK is needed for this purpose?
If we cannot create within our own app directory then at what location can this be done?
Any idea? :-(

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
No, any alteration to the application bundle will cause it's signature to change and the iPhone will then refuse to run the app. This is the point of the codesigning...

Edit: but each app does have a writeable area of filesystem space, outside the app bundle, that you can use as is described in the documentation.

arnieterm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Thanks for the reply
Please provide a sample code/hint that does a write to the writeable area that you are pointing to
Thanks

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Thanks for the reply
Please provide a sample code/hint that does a write to the writeable area that you are pointing to
Thanks

It's in the documentation. I suggest you read it. It's covered in the iPhone Application Programming Guide. You should have read and understood this entire document before starting any iPhone application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.