Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I have an incase sleeve for my MBP, and it's excellent. However, I came across the foof site and really started digging the design. I decided to get a "fun" sleeve for my MBP, something to personalize it a bit more than the 1,000 incase and plain black sleeves you see everywhere.

It took about 12 days total from order date to arrival, shipped from Australia to Boston using the cheapest method. I am pretty happy with the delivery time. Packaging was good too - it came in a plastic sleeve inside of a bubble mailer. It arrived in perfect condition.

I'm happy I ordered it. It is a bit bulkier than my incase sleeve, because the inside is lined with sherpa fleece. However, the style factor is worth it in my opinion. It is nicely designed and fits the MBP very well. There is no "give" space, except for a tiny bit at the top so the edge of your MBP is not exposed. I didn't find nearly enough pictures of different foofbags around before I ordered, so I thought I would do my part. Without further ado, the pictures.

link to the flickr stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32222684@N03/
3051012928_f276335a0b_b.jpg

3051012844_3aa2c10d92_b.jpg

3051012886_ffa3b8b1e8_b.jpg

3050174969_281fddd353_b.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Wow that is one ugly bag!
I mean, I get that it is functional to a point, but the bag is ugly! (personal opinion so chillax).
The thing I do not like is that it looks like the laptop can just slip right out. That and the added girth is what turns me off from these bags.

Nice pics though. :)

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I mean, I get that it is functional to a point, but the bag is ugly! (personal opinion so chillax).
The thing I do not like is that it looks like the laptop can just slip right out. That and the added girth is what turns me off from these bags.

Personal preferences aside, it's not loose at all. It definitely won't slip out.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Personal preferences aside, it's not loose at all. It definitely won't slip out.

Can you carry it under arm and not have to clench it with a fair amount of force? Lamb's wool (or something that looks that way) plus aluminum = slippage.

mknawabi

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Haha there is a reason why those 'simplistic and boring' incase sleeves sell so well. Simplicity is sexy, and bliss.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
That's well......, something else.:D Glad you like it and that's the important thing. I would never use it since I broke the heal on one of the shoes that would match.

Think different.;)

Ha, ha. I am partial to purple. I'm surprised at the reaction, though. I definitely knew it was kind of girly, but I figured there'd be some people open to the unique style. Less of a chance someone else will have the same one, though. ;)

Haha there is a reason why those 'simplistic and boring' incase sleeves sell so well. Simplicity is sexy, and bliss.

I wasn't dissing them, I own one and love it. But they are a bit monotonous after everyone in the class/conference room/whatever pulls out the same sleeve.

mknawabi

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Ha, ha. I am partial to purple. I'm surprised at the reaction, though. I definitely knew it was kind of girly, but I figured there'd be some people open to the unique style. Less of a chance someone else will have the same one, though. ;)

I wasn't dissing them, I own one and love it. But they are a bit monotonous after everyone in the class/conference room/whatever pulls out the same sleeve.

Hehe, well you can always add on patches, and customize it on your own and what not. :)

eksplosions

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
Hmm... while I don't digg that choice myself, I did make my way over to their site and saw a few of their other pouches; they have a few really nice ones and they're comparatively cheap. Only thing is that's in Australia so it would take some time to get to me in NY, and let's face it, patience is not a virtue I celebrate. Still, I'll definitely be looking at this when I get my MBP this summer =]

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
i just threw up in my mouth a little...

...but seriously, if you like it that's what matters. i already have to put up with people telling me on a regular basis how ugly my unibody mbp is. :rolleyes:

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
And how do you really feel??:D

As much as I don't think it's anything I'd use, she's happy with it and that's the important thing. Can't we be a bit polite?

Politeness on the internet is an oxymoron. ;)

But I appreciate the sentiment.

It's cool though, I'm a big girl and I honestly don't mind if others don't like it. To each his own. I didn't post it for validation, it was just so other people could have a look in case they were interested in a foofbag, and the "purple people eater" on in particular.

To all the comedians - keep your day jobs, seriously.

Bitslong

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2008
Thanks for sharing.
It looks cool, I'm surprised there is so much negativity.
Is it a surprise that to get something 'alternative' it comes from Australia? ;)

The quality appears outstanding - as someone else has mentioned, the idea that it may slip out (you've said it's a tight fit but I'd have to see for myself) leaves me wanting - something like a discreet strap or velcro flap to lock it in.

Thanks for the pics, hope you enjoy it!

majidf

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2005
You know that bag and its hair all over the place reminds me of Monsters, Inc and those hairy monsters, especially that big blue one thats friend of the small round green one. Also reminds me about Criminal Minds and that holland techie girl, this is probably a bag she would have chosen if she had a mbp =)

Ironic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2008
In my MBA!

I was thinking the same thing!
Looks like human hair coming out of it!
Girly No. I could not see any woman carrying that

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
Your macbook pro looks nice and snug. plus, when the temperatures drop in boston, it'll definitely keep your MBP warm.

I would caution you keep it away from dogs or cats though since it looks like something they would love to paw at and bite.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
OMG, I hate it. Girly or not it's really ugly. My Macbook would never see the insides of that. To each his own.:cool:

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
Maybe if you tell people it's a PIXAR, limited edition Monsters Inc. sleeve, people would start appreciating it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.