Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or Mac OS X. If it's Mac OS X it will be the first time I have had a problem since Mac OS 10.1.

I have an airport set up and a LAN set up (I have my own IPs that do not need a router. And no I'm not telling you what they are. LOL) When I went to switch to the LAN it told me that the cable wasn't plugged in. I checked the cable and it was plugged in. I even took out the cable and put it back in, check the cable to the hub. Every thing checks out there, so I went to get my MacBook (Late 2007). Hooked up the cable to it, it worked fine no problems.

So I thought maybe the locations got messed up, then created another location. Same thing.. Then I tried to switch back to the Airport and would connect to that either. I kept switching from one another then it just worked.

Do you think this was a software problem or a hardware problem. The iMac is only 1 week old (Love it by the way). :/

Hugh

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Can you ping the hub ? (sounds like hardware problem IMO)

When it wasn't working I couldn't do any thing. Every thing failed even pinging the hub, or my ISP router.

That's what I am thinking but if this is only happens some times they are just going to say there's nothing wrong with it, if I have it looked at. Because it will work for them. :(

Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.