Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:43 PM   #1
maclook
macrumors 65816

Album Art Syncing Question

I spend so much time getting all this nice album art for my iTunes library but when I sync my ipods (touch and nano), not all of the album art syncs. I didn't buy these songs off of iTunes so I needed to manually find the album arts that were missing. Does anybody know why some album art doesn't sync?
maclook is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:37 AM   #2
J the Ninja
macrumors 68000

Are you sure you put it on all songs? If you grab the songs from cover flow, for example, it looks like you added the art to all the songs on an album, but it actually only adds it to the first song. Make sure you select all of them in list view.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:48 AM   #3
maclook
macrumors 65816

I feel like I did everything right because my iTunes cover flow (on my computer) looks great with all the albums properly organized with the album art displayed (that I manually added). My iPod coverflow is the exact same except for missing album art which is aggravating because cover flow is all about the album art....

Also, I change the info of the all the songs in the album so that they have matching album artists and album name to assure that iTunes knows that they all belong to the same album
maclook is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2008, 02:06 AM   #4
J the Ninja
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclook View Post
I feel like I did everything right because my iTunes cover flow (on my computer) looks great with all the albums properly organized with the album art displayed (that I manually added). My iPod coverflow is the exact same except for missing album art which is aggravating because cover flow is all about the album art....

Also, I change the info of the all the songs in the album so that they have matching album artists and album name to assure that iTunes knows that they all belong to the same album
iTunes, as far as I know, has no feature to manually batch-add Album Art aside from methods involving shift-clicking. You either do it automatically, or do it by song. If you want to add the same image to a bunch of songs, you have to select all of them.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod