Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:59 AM   #1
paddingtonpear
macrumors member

iPod Touch (1st gen) broken screen

My mate bought a 16gb iPod Touch for 150 on special offer from Argos not even a week ago, and he has already managed to drop it causing significant damage to the screen and the hold button no longer functions. Is there anyway that the genius bar can replace his iPod even though he didn't buy it from an Apple retail store and regardless of how he damaged it? Sorry, I'm not great on Apple's replacement policy, but someone else I know managed to get his iPod touch replaced at a genius bar one day before the second gen ones were released, even though he had jailbroken it and he didn't buy it from a retailer. (he bought it off a shady looking man on the street, but shh!!!)
paddingtonpear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:38 AM   #2
Fonzijr1964
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddingtonpear View Post
My mate bought a 16gb iPod Touch for 150 on special offer from Argos not even a week ago, and he has already managed to drop it causing significant damage to the screen and the hold button no longer functions. Is there anyway that the genius bar can replace his iPod even though he didn't buy it from an Apple retail store and regardless of how he damaged it? Sorry, I'm not great on Apple's replacement policy, but someone else I know managed to get his iPod touch replaced at a genius bar one day before the second gen ones were released, even though he had jailbroken it and he didn't buy it from a retailer. (he bought it off a shady looking man on the street, but shh!!!)
he will have to buy a refub replacement from them. Although u could fix the old one depending on how bad it is. Maybe u could post some pics?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod