Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jun 5, 2002, 08:22 PM   #1
AmbitiousLemon
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to AmbitiousLemon
macs and... fraggle rock

ok im totally addicted to fraggle rock. have been since i was a wee lad. im hoping some of you out there remember watching Henson's fraggles when you were little or with your little ones.

came across this petition today to have the fraggle rock series released on dvd (its on vhs already).

i hope you guys can dig deep into your memory and find a place where you could dance the night away and worrys were for another day.

The Petition

Quote:

To: The Jim Henson Company

To whom it may concern at the Jim Henson Company,
The people that have signed this petition come from various backgrounds and locations, yet we all have one thing in common. Our voices are united in a common cause that we feel very strongly for. That cause is to pursue a re-release of the original Fraggle Rock series on a DVD format.
We all feel that Fraggle Rock represented a revolutionary vision for a television series; it spoke of world peace, acceptance, and promoted morals that simply are not found in television shows today. We believe that Fraggle Rock was not driven by ratings or profit, but by a vision from the creator, Jim Henson.
We miss the brilliant characters of Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red, and haven't seen a Doozer or a Gorg in ages. We miss receiving post cards from Uncle Traveling Matt, the self-proclaimed "bravest Fraggle in Outer-Space."
We all agree that Fraggle Rock was, and is, a unique and precious show that needs to be preserved. Some of us would like to share the Fraggles with our children, while others would like to relive the episodes ourselves. We feel quite lucky and honoured that our lives coincided with the Fraggle generation, yet we also feel that other generations should have the opportunity to experience what we have.
Fraggle Rock possessed a power that is found very rarely. When the parents become hooked on a show as well as their children, and when the talents of amazing puppeteers are united with incredible characters, quality music and unique story lines, something magical is created. We have all been captivated by that unbelievable combination.
Many of us were thrilled when the original Muppet movies were released on DVD, and would like to see the same fate for the Fraggles. We do not want the Fraggles to be forgotten. Fraggle Rock has spanned ages and nationalities. We would like to see it span generations as well.
As the Trash Heap wisely counseled Gobo in the final episode, "You cannot leave the magic," we too would like to think that the magic of Fraggle Rock is not lost. Many of us have lost that magic, and we would love to see you re-ignite it for us in a triumphant return of the Fraggles. We love Fraggle Rock dearly, and it has made a significant difference in our lives. We thank you for taking the time to listen to our plea. Red would agree with us in our appeal that you "bring back the magic we knew long ago." We respectfully request that you consider our plight.
Sincerely,
The Lovers and the Dreamers

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
AmbitiousLemon is offline   0
Old Jun 5, 2002, 08:32 PM   #2
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
I never really got into it, but I'm watching greg the bunny right now. Pretty damn funny stuff.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 08:35 PM   #3
Durandal7
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally posted by dukestreet
I never really got into it, but I'm watching greg the bunny right now. Pretty damn funny stuff.
I never got into it much either. I'm watching Grounded for Life right now, Greg the Bunny isn't on for another half hour here.
Durandal7 is offline   0
Old Jun 5, 2002, 09:15 PM   #4
Beej
macrumors 68020

Send a message via ICQ to Beej
Fraggle Rogk rocks. And Astro boy. And voltron!

Heh Those were the days!
Old Jun 5, 2002, 09:16 PM   #5
Dignan
macrumors 6502a

The guy who won an emmy for producing it teaches at my school...
Dignan is offline   0
Old Jun 5, 2002, 09:32 PM   #6
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus

he he he...I used to watch that show way back...

speaking of blasts from the past...who all is going to see Scooby Doo??
eyelikeart is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community