What's the best web hosting for iWeb? - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Jun 8, 2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Trilogy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundhound View Post
Do you know if I switch my sites from MobileMe to dvdhost will I be able to continue to use iWeb to maintain/update my sites? I guess I'll need to be learning a new program for this soon but just in the meantime, I'm hoping to find a way that will be seamless for me through the transition, using iWeb.
I am continuing to use iWeb to update my site. I had to change the publishing settings in iWeb one time, and after that it remembered the new settings and I can update my website like before. The only difference is that it is "updating" to DV HOST now instead of MobileMe.

Longer term I might move to RapidWeaver or something else, unless Apple update iWeb soon. Tim Cook, are you reading this?
Trilogy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:19 PM   #27
leehawkins
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar420 View Post
Hi leehawkins! Did you ever hear back from MacAce? I'm also attempting to move my MM sites over to a personal domain.

Thanks!
Sorry for late reply. Yes they were great answered all my questions so I switched and site simply worked. But since moving to Lion and iCloud yesterday now have 404 error! Will have a go at fixing myself but have no hesitation in calling MacAce if have to. Now just need to resign with DW and stop delaying! Good luck with whatever you choose.
leehawkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:22 PM   #28
rock6079
macrumors 6502

I highly recommend rage web hosting. Have been using their iWeb seo tool for years and have only had great experiences with them.

I followed this video which showed me how to do everything, I had my entire site transferred over in just a few minutes.

http://iwebunlimited.com/iweb-tips/l...sting-company/
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:16 AM   #29
mrzeigler
macrumors regular

For a low-traffic site, Dropbox is a great free hosting alternative.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1166...n_dropbox.html

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/11/20/looki...opbox-as-your/
mrzeigler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:17 PM   #30
bronxred
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabar View Post
I want to register my own domain (not a mobileme address) but which is the best when using iWeb?

I'd love to know what you all use and would even love to see some good iWeb examples....

Thanks all.
Wow, this is a really old thread! How did it go? I always preferred RapidWeaver to iWeb, though now I mostly use Tumblr and keep my web hosting for email privacy, domain management and one-click installs.

If you do decide to pay for hosting, I'm partial to Dreamhost. I've been with them for nine years and they have always been quick, courteous and helpful whenever I've had an issue or question of any kind. They're not expensive and have all the usual "unlimited" stuff and a great control panel.

Jake

Last edited by OllyW; Feb 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: removed referral link
bronxred is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:12 PM   #31
clearaway
macrumors newbie

Hosts

I Have a MacPro. I am looking for a Host for a web site. I have been looking at Go Daddy and Register.com.

Can I please get some feedback and a recommendation asz to which Host to go with.

Many thanks Folks.
Al
clearaway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 01:18 AM   #32
fastpurplemedia
macrumors newbie

i web hosting

Mobileme...!!!
fastpurplemedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development