Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:33 PM   #1
harryhood
macrumors regular

How to delete jailbroken apps

I seriously cannot figure this out. I have searched for any info on this..cannot find. I try and delete any jailbroken app like it was a normal one but no "x" shows up for you to delete it with. How do you do it?
harryhood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Enigmafan420
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhood View Post
I seriously cannot figure this out. I have searched for any info on this..cannot find. I try and delete any jailbroken app like it was a normal one but no "x" shows up for you to delete it with. How do you do it?
You use Cydia to get them on-and to get them off.

Start Cydia, use the manage option-choose packages-, find the one(s) you don't want-select them, choose modify, then remove.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:51 PM   #3
harryhood
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmafan420 View Post
You use Cydia to get them on-and to get them off.

Start Cydia, use the manage option-choose packages-, find the one(s) you don't want-select them, choose modify, then remove.
thanks mank. appreciated.

just one more question and I think I'm all straight on everything for now -

I have a theme chosen through winterboard w/ icons and everything its all how I want it - but How do you change the lock screen? The battery, and what shows up on there? I wanted to get weather and other cool little stuff on there that i've seen. I downloaded that intelliscreen program but it says i need to buy it..
harryhood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:57 PM   #4
The General
Banned

My response to this exact problem in your other thread wasn't enough?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=604120
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Enigmafan420
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhood View Post
thanks mank. appreciated.

just one more question and I think I'm all straight on everything for now -

I have a theme chosen through winterboard w/ icons and everything its all how I want it - but How do you change the lock screen? The battery, and what shows up on there? I wanted to get weather and other cool little stuff on there that i've seen. I downloaded that intelliscreen program but it says i need to buy it..
If you mean the lock screen you see that says "slide to unlock" I didn't know you COULD change that. Mine shows wallpaper and an apple slider but beyond that I dunno. I would be interested to know, if you could report back. I was unaware that screen WAS changeable.

If you mean the screen that shows the battery-the top line on the phone, you need to download status notifier from Cydia. This shows missed calls, text messages, phone on silent, etc. But as far as I know, nothing about the weather (!).

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks