Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
I want to apply a horizontally repeating background graphic throughout my entire Website. Which of the two is "correct"?

Method 1:
Apply the settings in the Page Properties dialog box (Modify>Page Properties)

Method 2:
Apply via the CSS dialog box

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jan 30, 2006
Are you hand-coding?

I always make it like this:

body { background-repeat: repeat-x; background-color: white; background-image:url(Images/Photoshop/background_content.png); }

In my opinion this is the best way of doing it. Tho I don't really know what you mean with Page Properties.:eek:

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
Thanks Roco. I know how to hand-code it. I'm putting together a quick tutorial for people who are not comfortable working in code. Thanks.

memco

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2008
I recommend using the CSS panel that way you ensure avoiding nasty inline styles. However, if properties does add the bg to the external CSS it would be ok to use that too I suppose.

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
I recommend using the CSS panel that way you ensure avoiding nasty inline styles. However, if properties does add the bg to the external CSS it would be ok to use that too I suppose.

I agree with memco :)

I would say the CSS panel would be best though, as it would introduce people to an asset which will become very useful as they progress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.