Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jessie12h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
I want to get a blue nano (g4) but I'm not sure whether to get the 8 gig or the 16 gig one. Advice?

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Get the one that allows you put your library on it. If you have 4GB of music and your library doesn't grow quickly, an 8GB seems fine. Seems like a simple choice.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Get the 16gb one. More room to put tunes and other stuff on. It'll last you longer if you look after it.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
The more info you give us, the more we can help. However, the best person to answer this question is you, because you know you best.

How much music do you have? Will you be using it to play videos? Movies? Photos?

Do you want room for expandability? Do you plan on having this iPod more than a couple of years?

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
I've found that good playlists can obviate the need for more storage. Some randomized smart playlists will give you a good selection. If, however, you are one of those people who must have every song available at a moment's notice then the 16 is the better choice.

dannyboxer

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2008
I have the new iPod Nano 8GB and I find that it has plenty of storage. Trust me, you won't watch any movies on the tiny screen so the real question is really, how big is your iTunes library? :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.