Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeonAnderson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
This is a continuation of this problem: http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=143818&forumId=1

Basically, if you leave the latest version of Firefox running and you set your auto-sleep time to 1minute, does your machine go to sleep?

Mine doesn't.

I originally thought the problem was with iStatMenus but after ~2 hours of testing, I narrowed it down to Firefox.

This test takes less than 2 minutes to conduct. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Are you sure this isn't intentional? To keep the machine from auto-sleeping during a long download?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Mine won't even sleep without anything downloading; very frustrating; battery drained today after I closed the lid and thought the computer was sleeping.

MacDrummer

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2005
I cant sleep with my display open... but with it closed, it sleeps just fine.

If i want to sleep with the display open, i just quit ff.

LeonAnderson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I cant sleep with my display open... but with it closed, it sleeps just fine.

If i want to sleep with the display open, i just quit ff.

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same issue. Discovered Firefox was the culprit the hard way (actually testing different combinations of programs)...

I'm suprised Mozilla has not fixed this bug. People have been complaining since 3.0.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.