Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SephirothXR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
Does any headset work, like this Logitech one? I know the one that comes with the iPhone works, but I want a headset to use for my laptop (Skype talk) and my iPhone (both music and talking on phone (as in the mic works, not just listening and talking into the phone still)).

SephirothXR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
Hey guys I really need to know this by tomorrow for Black Friday, can any headset/mic work with an iPhone?

galenmd

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
I believe that any headset with a 3.5mm jack will work.

I think.

The question then becomes, who makes a headset with a 3.5 mm jack? I am looking for one that is not a earbud/music device, just for making calls.

SephirothXR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
So plain headphones and a headphone/microphone combo have different sizes? On my laptop there are 3 different ports, and I know that one of them is for microphone and one is for headphone, and the headset I posted earlier has 2 different cords, so I don't know if I have to plug in the microphone one into the iPhone and I can still listen to music through that.

mdntblu

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2004
No it has to be all in one plug. 2 different plugs will not work.

The plug must have 3 rings on it. One for audio, one for mic, and the other for the control of the iphone (answering, skipping songs, etc).

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
A simple google search has not been that productive for me.

So - any suggestions for an over the ear headset with attached microphone boom for the iPhone 3G?

Thanks

kewlweather

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2010
over the ear headset for iphone

Was reading your post.. did you ever get a headset that worked for you? Sure would appreciate any advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.