Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Nov 28, 2008, 03:41 PM   #1
hrajgor
macrumors newbie

How do you map a network drive with a script?

Hi Guys

I work in a windows dominated environment. We have typical set up, Win2003 server as domain controller with AD. All user accounts exist on AD. We have home drives mapped to a different server.

Weíve got in a load of iMacs recently. Theyíre running Leopard 10.5. Iím just getting to grips with mac set ups, iíve figured out how to bind them to our AD domain.

Now users with a domain account can successfully login to the macs and access their mapped home drives, which automatically gets mapped.

The only problem im having at the moment is that we have a shared network folder on one of the other servers. On our windows pcs, we have vb script that maps the shared drive to users when they log in.

Iíve looked on the mac, google and everywhere else i can think of, but i just canít seem to find a simple script for the mac that maps a shared drive. I had one script i found and modified it and it worked on some eMacs we had, the script was really good it took the login name using 'whoami' and prompted for the password and mapped the drive, but it does not seem to work on the iMacs... Iím no means a script expert! It was just trial and error in getting the script to work on the eMac, but now iím stumped on the iMac...

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks

Hitesh
hrajgor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X