Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atoothelex

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
idk how it happened, it's my dad's iPod touch. But the screen reads "iPod disabled try again in 4620277 min". i've plugged it into iTunes, but it won't let me restore it. A message pops up that says "you need to enter your passcode before you can use it with iTunes" I've then held the home button and the top button until the screen tells me to put it in iTunes. from there it was running in recovery mode. i restored it and put the latest firmware on it. the iPod still says disabled, but now it won't let me hold the home and the top button till it tells me to connect to iTunes. Please Help!!!!

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
idk how it happened, it's my dad's iPod touch. But the screen reads "iPod disabled try again in 4620277 min". i've plugged it into iTunes, but it won't let me restore it. A message pops up that says "you need to enter your passcode before you can use it with iTunes" I've then held the home button and the top button until the screen tells me to put it in iTunes. from there it was running in recovery mode. i restored it and put the latest firmware on it. the iPod still says disabled, but now it won't let me hold the home and the top button till it tells me to connect to iTunes. Please Help!!!!

I guess you could just wait 4620277 min. It's only 8.79 years. ;-)

I've never heard of an error message like that.

Others here will have ideas on what to do. I'm clueless other than contacting Apple.

Packersfan27

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2008
Someone tried the passcode on the ipod touch so many times its been locked for that long.

Your only chance is to take it to the apple store.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Same as the other poster, take it into the Apple Store.
Tell them your dad doesn't want to wait 8.79 years to unlock his iPod.

lennox27

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
I found this info

this works....

1. Be sure iTunes is closed and iPod touch is connected to the computer
2. Turn off your ipod by "slide to power off"
3. After its off, hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time, when the apple appears, let go of the sleep/wake button but continue holding the home button until the connect to iTunes symbols come up on your iPod.
4. Open up iTunes and iTunes will tell u to restore, restore it.
5. If your iPod happened to have a passcode you were unaware of and you synced the iPod when it had the passcode then don't restore your old settings, set up as new iPod. But if you had last synced it before putting the passcode, then just use your old settings after the restore.

Two reasons this is disabled for so long.

1. You have entered the incorrect 'power on' password many, many times.

or

2. You have jailbroken (jailbreak) your iPod Touch and one of the apps you have installed has caused the problem. Possibly a malicious app.

Two ways to fix it. Either wait 4317939 minutes or restore it using iTunes :(

The first link below gives details of why a non-jailbroken iPod Touch is disabled.

Second link gives instructions on how to restore your iPod Touch using iTunes.
Source(s):
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.