Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickytowner

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
UK
Im getting a 16gb iPod Touch for Christmas and i was wondering if there is any way i can link my Hotmail account with the built in mail app so i can send and receive emails via that :confused:

chrisi29

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
Yes of course you just need to access it via hotmail.com on the Safari application. Just not with the mail app:(

rickytowner

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
UK
Yes of course you just need to access it via hotmail.com on the Safari application. Just not with the mail app:(

:( that's rubbish you carnt eve have your hotmail emails forwarded to a different address automatically. The need to catch up with time and introduce pop ffs lol ;)

rickytowner

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
UK
Because all of Microsoft's products are utter crap.

i know lol i think when it gets to Christmas and i have my nice new iPod Touch i will pay to get Hotmail Plus but i dont know yet i might just set up my work email address on there i will have to see lol

Avizzv92

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
The was the whole reason I went too gmail with hotmail you couldn't forward the email and it wouldn't work with the Mail App on my computer.

slomifier

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2008
You CAN, but NOT for FREE. Now this may not be much help, but there is a service that you can buy (for like 3$ a month or something) that allows you too. I can;t for the life of me remember the name of the website, but try searching "hotmail ipod touch" in google and see if you can find it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.