Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
I've got those two computers sitting around in my basement because I don't use them anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kinds of things they can still be used for?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Bookends!! :D Well, um, they're neat pieces of Apple history, why not start a collection like all us other nuts? You won't get very much money for them, if you want to try going there...

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Re: Uses for a LC II and a Powerbook Duo 230?

Originally posted by topicolo
I've got those two computers sitting around in my basement because I don't use them anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kinds of things they can still be used for?
You could run 68K Linux on both of them. The PowerBook should be about twice as fast as the LC II. Could be interesting.

blakespot

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
How about doorstops, or space heaters??? You could use one to prop open a window that keeps slamming shut... You could also convert the LC's case into a litter box and give it a new lease on life. :D Since the peecee world used to sh*t on the Mac (and some still do), why not let an animal have it's way with it?? :D

Of course, you could also go the linux route and turn them into email servers or such. Maybe even an email station (if you can put a high enough OS onto them).

Last of all, you could turn them into modern art, sell them for a bundle and get a new system (or more)... :D

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
surely there are some good causes for old computers on the web... you should probably have a look before converting it into a litter box :)

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Duo 230

Hmmm... How much would you sell the Duo for? I had one before and loved it, but traded it off for an old desktop Mac since I had no real use for it at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.