Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Dec 1, 2008, 07:54 AM   #1
tjones60
macrumors newbie

How To Delete a Back-Up on Time Capsule

I have purchased a new MacBook Pro & wish to delete the old back-up profile that resides on my time capsule so as to free up capacity on it's HD.

I have not started a new back up yet with my new MAcBook Pro...So in addition to wanting to delete the old back up from the Time Capsule, I was wondering if I do that after or before I have created the new back-up...

Thanks For Any Info...
tjones60 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 01:03 PM   #2
skorpien
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones60 View Post
I have purchased a new MacBook Pro & wish to delete the old back-up profile that resides on my time capsule so as to free up capacity on it's HD.

I have not started a new back up yet with my new MAcBook Pro...So in addition to wanting to delete the old back up from the Time Capsule, I was wondering if I do that after or before I have created the new back-up...

Thanks For Any Info...
If your old backup is the only thing on your Time Capsule, then the easy way would be to erase the hard drive through AirPort Utility (Manual Setup > Disks). If there are other data on your drive that you would like to keep, then mount the Time Capsule through Finder and navigate to the folder where your backups are kept. You should be able to select and delete the backup file from Finder.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=8509172
skorpien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:35 PM   #3
azeeuwnl
macrumors newbie

Time Capsule - What if you use multiple User Accounts

ok, so re-formatting is the most straight forward way to remove all data from the Time Capsule.

In my case, I have 3 User Accounts setup on the Time Capsule; I backup my MacBook Pro and 2 Windows systems. I want to remove 1 of the Windows accounts, incuding the backup data. The Airport utility allows me to remove the User Account, that's easy. But will this also remove the backup data? I cannot find anything about this on the Apple site + docs.

Thanks in advance for any response!
Anton
azeeuwnl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals