Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 1, 2008, 02:43 PM   #1
shinew
macrumors newbie

set default sending account in mail app

hello all, first post at MacRumors and hope I can get some help!

i have 2 mail accounts setup, one is gmail(my mail account) and i have it forwarded to the other exchange push mail account(cannot manually set SMTP outgoing server). When I reply or send email, I would like to do it through my Gmail account. Now I know that i can just choose it from the "Cc/Bcc, From:" field to select the account i want to send it through, but sometimes I forget and it is quite troublesome to do it for every email I send.

So is there anyway i can just permanently set the send account to gmail? I've looked into the com.apple.mobilemail.plist file but I have no idea where to edit or if this is even possible, although theoretically it should be...

please share any helpful info you may have on this. thanks!
shinew is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks