Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:03 PM   #1
AKULA123
macrumors newbie

iPhone won't start up!! Stuck on apple logo

Ok so this is what happens (ahh... bad luck comes in): Ok so I decide to sell my iPhone on ebay because I got bored of it. So I list it on ebay and someone buys it. So I go on the iPhone and click "Erase All Content and Settings" and I leave it on and go out of the house for about 2 hours. When I come back the iPhone is showing the Apple logo and there is a little circle that shows that it's loading beneath the Apple logo. So I wait for another maybe hour, and it's still there! So I hold the Home button and the Sleep button to turn it off, I turn it on and it's still the same. So I decide to restore it by putting the phone into Recovery mode where it shows the iTunes and the USB cord, so I connect it to the computer, but the computer doesn't recognize it!

So I tried almost everything. I updated my computer with the windows updates, I updated and reinstalled itunes about 3 times. I even changed the battery on the iPhone!!!! I had a spare one....

Please if you have ANY suggestions on what to do please tell me! I am completely out of ideas. It's definitely not the USB cord because if it didn't work I wouldn't be able to put the phone into Recovery mode.

anyone?

Edit: btw I have the 2G 4GB version iPhone and I am using a Windows XP computer. But I also tried it on my mom's Windows Vista laptop.

Last edited by AKULA123; Dec 1, 2008 at 11:09 PM.
AKULA123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:44 AM   #2
ottomated
macrumors newbie

go take it to a genius bar.
I would try hard resetting the phone more than once to make sure. my phone got stuck once but I hard resetted multiple times and it came back.
ottomated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:12 AM   #3
neesh0
macrumors 6502a

Was it jailbroken? If it was or wasn't a DFU mode restore should get it back.
2 Gb DDR3 RAM
neesh0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:54 AM   #4
AKULA123
macrumors newbie

How do I hard reset it?

It was jailbroken with firmware 2.1. How can I restore it if my computer doesn't recognize it? Also how do I put it into DFU mode?

I did DFU mode but it doesn't go into it because the computer doesn't recognize the iPhone...

Last edited by AKULA123; Dec 2, 2008 at 11:31 AM.
AKULA123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 06:44 PM   #5
neesh0
macrumors 6502a

Cool

Heres how to do a DFU mode restore :http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034 , after you restored it it will be back to original out of the box software (except it will be updated to 2.2)
2 Gb DDR3 RAM
neesh0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 03:49 AM   #6
lancepwns
macrumors newbie

Hey, wassup it's Lance (Random) Anywayz..

Same ****en thing happen to my iPhone buddy, it was like OMFG.. like you said I was ****en... FLIPPING OUT BOII!!!
I left it on for ages, it came on eventually by itself. I was like haha... random. Because TBH, I thought it was completley ****en stuffed.
I turned it off the next morning, z0mffg, it ****en didn't come on after a hour. I reset it like 5 times, it came on.

It ****ed up again, I took it in to get fixed and SHAZAMMM!!! It's here beside me right now, I am in love with it, and shyeahhh!!!
Keep partying dude,

Lance

I(L)
lancepwns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 06:50 AM   #7
rac1979
macrumors member

Same problem

Hi there,

I had exactly the same problem, becuase mine was also jailbroken.
Its something to do with Cydia or something.....

And yeah, you can fix it yourself.

Just put it into DRU mode, my PC recognised the phone and i clicked on restore, it downloaded the firmware again about 225MB but after that my phone booted again!

I had to jailbrake it again........

Dont worry, youll get it sorted:
Follow this thread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=773431
rac1979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting