Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyfranks67

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
:apple:
hey everyone. i have an iPod Touch 2nd gen and i want the 1st gen really bad so i can jailbreak it. anyone know if it's allowed for me to trade my 2nd gen in for the 1st gen? *NO OPINIONS ON THIS POST, i don't care if you think it's a dumb trade, just tell me what you know*

:apple:

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Probably not. If it's within 14 days of buying it you should be able to take it back, but if it's any longer then you're probably out of luck.

quick5pnt0

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
Why not just find a 1G owner and trade with them? I'm sure there are many many 1G owners who would gladly trade with you.

linkycat

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2008
Seriously - just trade with someone. Go onto craigslist if you are in the US and find any number of people selling their 'near mint' first version. I think you'll not have trouble...

cakbar

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
I don't believe that you will officially be able to swap your Touch in the Apple store. However, it may be worth a try as I'm sure there would be at least one Apple employee in the store that has a 1G Touch that would like to upgrade and may be willing to swap with you. Alternatively, I would just sell the 2G via Craigslist or Ebay, and purchase a refurbished 1G online from the Apple Store. I'm someone that would swap my 1G for a 2G in a heartbeat, however doing so with an unknown person online poses too much risk (no offense) for me.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
best option if its in its 14 days see if u can get money back then go to a tradein place see how much you can get a 1st gen ipod for

ThunderBull4

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
If I couldn't jailbreak my ipod touch i would have gotten a classic ipod lol. I dunno about you guys but I'd keep my 1st gen :) i <3 it.

liilalex

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2009
Yes i.m me at Liil alex13

yes i have a answer for that just im me at Liilalex13 & ill tell you the answer thank you very much :)

Manikstor

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
I really dont think the dev team are somewhere near jailbreaking the 2g its gonna be a while until they do.... I love my 1G its siiiiick

chaos.da13

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
I can trade

:apple:ive been looking to trade an ipod touch 1st gen. for a 2nd gen. the only thing is that my head phones dont work and i already jail broke it so tell me wat u think:apple::eek:

magicdanw

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
It's easy to unjailbreak a device. A full restore from DFU mode will do the trick. But where would you trade the device? And why would anyone care if a 50 cent pair of headphones is broken?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
:apple:ive been looking to trade an ipod touch 1st gen. for a 2nd gen. the only thing is that my head phones dont work and i already jail broke it so tell me wat u think:apple::eek:

Trading with another person, I hope. Apple will laugh you out of the store if you ask them if you can 'trade in' your iPod.

pabloooo

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
i have a 1st gen ipod touch jailbroken with the 2.2.1 firmware and i have like three cases and headphones for it and im willing to trade it for a 2nd generation what do you say??

piggie123

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
johnnyfranks

ive got a prfectly good ipod touch first gen not jail broken and i want a 2nd gen up for a trade ??????????????????????? reply bak plzzzzzzz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.