Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:58 PM   #1
parrots
macrumors newbie

Best remote backup procedure for macs?

I'm using time machine with an external drive on my macbook for all my documents. However in the off chance something happens to the apartment while I'm not there I'd like some kind of remote backup set up for the items on my mac (mainly documents and pictures).

Looking for what other people do to address this issue. Automated backups to an iDisk? Once a month manual backups to an external you keep somewhere else? Some fancy custom setup with Amazon S3?
parrots is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 02:16 PM   #2
blodwyn
macrumors 65816

I'm currently using JungleDisk for Amazon S3. JungleDisk allows you to encrypt your files with your own key (essential for personal files IMHO), and also allows scheduled backups for whichever folders you specify. I like it better than (e.g.) Mozy as it's easier to mount the JungleDisk drive and open/copy/move individual files than with with the remote backup utilities. The cost is pretty small unless you have a really large backup set that you access a lot.
blodwyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help