Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 6, 2008, 05:04 AM   #1
jake921660
macrumors regular

How to bypass waiting time with the message "iPhone is disabled"

I found this when my little brother was trying to get into my iphone. I tried to unlock and it told me that I had to wait 55 minutes, so I plugged it into iTunes and played a song off it. When I got the "Slide to cancel syncing" message on the iPod i slid it and then I was asked to enter the passcode and it was unlocked.

Simple as that with no waiting time.
jake921660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 08:19 AM   #2
bradenwh
macrumors 6502

Umm,

That's what you're supposed to do when it's disabled...plug it up to iTunes.
bradenwh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 03:39 PM   #3
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to crisss1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake921660 View Post
I found this when my little brother was trying to get into my iphone. I tried to unlock and it told me that I had to wait 55 minutes, so I plugged it into iTunes and played a song off it. When I got the "Slide to cancel syncing" message on the iPod i slid it and then I was asked to enter the passcode and it was unlocked.

Thats because iTunes recognized the phone as being yours, connect the iPhone to another computer that has not synced the iPhone and it won't let you unlock it for the entire 55 min time. iTunes will give you an error saying that you have to unlock the iPhone before iTunes can sync it if it doesn't know the phone.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:05 PM   #4
revitjunkee
macrumors newbie

help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake921660 View Post

ok a while ago my iphone screen shut off and it has come back on but i forgot my passcode and i need a way to unlock it. iv tried to use the double tap method but i have double tap set to music soo it doesnt work. would you have any suggestions as far as what to do? thanks

Last edited by revitjunkee; Jun 24, 2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typo's
revitjunkee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2014, 07:05 AM   #5
jejeze
macrumors newbie

Thanks.. It worked for me
jejeze is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting