Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I read on google that buying from gainsaver is like buying from cdgospel but then I heard that some people who bought from them there purchase was good and is perfect so what is the vertect about the company? They do have refund policy.

cbyrne

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
Gainsaver

I just bought a macbook pro from this company, so far so good, I'll keep you posted

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
The 2.33 GHz MBP has 512 MB RAM combo drive and an 80 GB HD. Do you think they downgrade their computers?

pbasser2

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
I posted this on another thread!!

never posted before but thought i would chime in.Ok I'm sitting here now typing on this: 15" macbook pro 2.16ghz came from Gainsaver with 1gb of ram installed. Not knowing much about them I called Gainsaver. I was told that computers come from universities and such and therefore were configured differently than standard apple macbook pro's, not having superdrive and such and therefore they crack open case and install what you need for extra.

Well being stingy, and leary, I decided to just upgrade the airport card and left the 30gb hard drive and combo drive as is stated on their website. Computer was 727.00 out the door including 10% and a 10% coupon found anywhere online. code is CCabin10 good till 2015 if you so choose. Computer came about a week later looked GREAT, turned on and low and behold it came with everything a standard macbook pro model (MA609LL) comes with! 120 gb hard drive and superdrive. Battery is awesome and computer is everything I hoped for and more!!!!!!!!!!! plus I received a 50 mail in rebate!

to me this says that Gainsaver is trying to get more money from you than you need to spend. I was betting that what I was told was wrong and that they wouldn't want to crack the computer open to change the superdrive and the hard drive. Well as you can see I was right, standard Macbook pro with standard Macbook Pro components.

All Gainsaver is guilty of is trying to sucker the suckers. Capitalism at its finest!

Now you tell me or show me where can I get this computer anywhere for 700.00 bucks with a warranty? Craigslst?Ebay? NOWHERE!!!

As I sit here now I am buying a Macbook duo core 2. 1.83ghz for 470.00 with shipping.
Guess what? NO UPGRADES!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
I just bought a macbook pro from this company, so far so good, I'll keep you posted

You've only got one post.

never posted before but thought i would chime in.Ok I'm sitting here now typing on this: 15" macbook pro 2.16ghz came from Gainsaver with 1gb of ram installed. Not knowing much about them I called Gainsaver. I was told that computers come from universities and such and therefore were configured differently than standard apple macbook pro's, not having superdrive and such and therefore they crack open case and install what you need for extra.

Well being stingy, and leary, I decided to just upgrade the airport card and left the 30gb hard drive and combo drive as is stated on their website. Computer was 727.00 out the door including 10% and a 10% coupon found anywhere online. code is CCabin10 good till 2015 if you so choose. Computer came about a week later looked GREAT, turned on and low and behold it came with everything a standard macbook pro model (MA609LL) comes with! 120 gb hard drive and superdrive. Battery is awesome and computer is everything I hoped for and more!!!!!!!!!!! plus I received a 50 mail in rebate!

to me this says that Gainsaver is trying to get more money from you than you need to spend. I was betting that what I was told was wrong and that they wouldn't want to crack the computer open to change the superdrive and the hard drive. Well as you can see I was right, standard Macbook pro with standard Macbook Pro components.

All Gainsaver is guilty of is trying to sucker the suckers. Capitalism at its finest!

Now you tell me or show me where can I get this computer anywhere for 700.00 bucks with a warranty? Craigslst?Ebay? NOWHERE!!!

As I sit here now I am buying a Macbook duo core 2. 1.83ghz for 470.00 with shipping.
Guess what? NO UPGRADES!

I'll let you know how it goes.

I saw this same message on a thread yesterday.

iSchule

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2009
I read on google that buying from gainsaver is like buying from cdgospel but then I heard that some people who bought from them there purchase was good and is perfect so what is the vertect about the company? They do have refund policy.

GainSaver is not a real store or anything. They have been around ripping people off for a LONG time. Sometimes your order just never comes in- sometimes it does as its broken- I have done A LOT of research of gainsaver. They are FAKE. There website is FAKE. I have not heard one real story of a good experience with gainsaver. The people who say good things are obviously the scam artist's them selves They have been doing this forever. This is OLD news. Stay away from them like the flu.

MichaeLens

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010

How is everything on your computer? My boyfriend just bought me one for Christmas and after 3 days it wouldn't work. I just sent it back for 50$ out of my pocket and I'm waiting to see what happens. I actually am thinking of not waiting around for the second one and contacting my bank.

MichaeLens

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
Has anyone received their $$ back after buying from Gainsaver?

I was curious to know after reading all of the bad reviews on Gainsaver, does anyone ever get their money back, and if so how? My boyfriend bought me a Macbook for Christmas, and I was super excited as well as he. I'm a photographer and I always buy refurbished and have never had any problems. He thought he could do the same, and save 250.00 on a new one. Well I opened it Christmas eve, and it worked. The next day, it took about 5 times before I could get it turned on. Then I added all of my stuff from my backed up discs to my new computer. It worked fine. Then It stopped working. So i decided to reset the PRAM.Things seemed ok. Day 3. Stopped working all together. With some of my new pictures from Christmas on them, that (my bad) I hadn't backed up yet. I'm new to Mac, but can tell you from what little use I got out of it, I'm hooked. I'm just weary now to wait for another "replacement" from Gainsaver. Any suggestions? I sent it back $50. out of my pocket, yesterday and I was going to wait until Wednesday and then call my boyfriends bank, and possibly stop the charges. I need this for work, I needed it yesterday. My PC crashed (as they do) and I 'm out a cpu. I'm hoping that I may be one of the few that actually gets a great Macbook out of it.. but after reading the internet for the last few days, I'm doubtful. ugghhh please help someone. Thanks so much!

iSchule

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2009

please just don't even try. Serriously. This site has been around forever. Its a scam. Everyone who orders from either gets nothing or gets a broken machine, then when they try to return they can't reach the company. seriously don't risk it.

MichaeLens

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
Filed a Claim with our bank about Gainsaver!

Well we sent the macbook back to Gainsaver, and I tried contacting them and couldn't get a hold of them. We talked to our Bank today and they are filing a claim. Could take up to 90 days but they are crediting our account. I hope that Steve guy doesn't try to fight it. I'm going to go ahead and just buy a new Macbook straight from apple. I don't need the headaches. Anyone else get there money back right away or had to keep fighting Gainsaver?

macrumorsMaster

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2008

Why would you want to buy from a bait and switch company?
The email the send out makes the computer sound like a good deal, but when you go to the site, the comp. priced as config is a STRIPPED down comp. It doesn't even come with the standard stuff. Once you add everything it, it comes out to more than what it should be.

You may get one like the one reviewer posted, but do you want to take a chance?!

ownmacs

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2010
Never Buy From Gainsaver

Gainsaver maybe legit but is a totally screwed up company who screwed me out of $400 when I tried to purchase computers from them. Buyer Beware. wish I had seen the old forum posts on here when I tried to buy the computers in Dec.

bluecotton

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2010
gainsaver is the worst online experience of my life

if i had every word in the english language available to me and used in such a way as to communicate perfectly just how terrible this company is...it would not be adequate enought to describe the utter contempt of gainsaver.

stay away, stay away, stay away, and a thousand times, STAY AWAY

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
After reading about how consistently terrible they are, I was amazed to see that they are a reseller for modbooks too. Ug!

rgbljohnson

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
Avoid GainSaver.com like the Plague

I just bought a defective Macbook pro from them and they told me I could return it for a refund. Stupid me! I returned it and no refund has materialized. When I called to find out where it was I was told that they had refunded my card and that my Visa must have screwed up and then they hung up on me.
This company is a big rip off. Avoid them like the Plague!!!!

92west

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
Gainsaver.com

I checked out there site and noticed that they didn't have an address on their contact us page (which is somewhat hidden anyway). So I called. First I tried their service area which put me to a voicemail... first red flag. I really didn't need anymore verification that I wasn't going to buy from them, but decided to call again and go for sales. To no surprise a salesperson picked up immediately. I asked about their address and the gentleman said it was on their site under the contact us page and that they were in California. We went over the warranty and although I addressed the same day shipping they didn't ever answer the question. Once I mentioned that I was just looking right now they put me on hold and there I stayed. I'd suggest not buying from them personally.

pingband

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2010
just wondering if anyone here has ever bought a used Mac from Gainsaver, and if so, were you satisfied with the service and the product. I would love to be able to buy my son a "newer" laptop for Xmas, but funds are awfully tight (he's using a 12" PB with issues which are going require spending some money anyway).

Gainsaver does seem to charge extra for things like the wireless card usually included on a laptop.

Thanks!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Why is it that every time someone posts, "Should I buy from Gainsaver, it looks like a really good deal," it's always someone with only one post, and a weird link in their sig?

Oh wait, I know why…

jW

Leahalukas

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2011
Beware

Buyer beware!!!! *I also received my computer from Gainsaver and was very happy for about 4 months. The monitor on my laptop went and because I purchased a warrently I sent it back. Gainsaver told me my computer arrived damaged. After a week of the run around I finally received pictures and word that I was SOL. Not only are they not repairing my computer but they refuse to ship me back my "damaged" laptop. Trust your gut. Do not buy from this company!

I have tried resolving my issue with Gainsaver and got nothing but the run around. It's taken over 2 weeks from my packages delivery to FINALLY get the pictures. They actually just said to me on the phone, " I can't do this run aroud anymore please hold.". Then they placed me on hold for over 25 minutes. I finally realized they were never coming and hung up.

Rest assured Gainsaver, I will not rest until EVERYONE knows my story. Your customer service is herendous and your company is a hoax!

Customers if you are thinking about buying from Gainsaver please feel free to email me personally at LeahaLukas@gmail.com. I'd be happy to and the "damaged beyond repair" photos with you.

cbates

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
Buyer Beware!!!

This is a terrible company, there computer are stripped down with nothing on them making you think it's a good deal (it's not), there are much better macs on ebay. I ordered several imac for a school, they were extreme dirty,with broken keyboards bad scratches and they only lasted a few months. Customer service is a joke to there ppl. I would never purchase from them again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.