Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattrossner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2008
Can anyone help with that? First it told me that I had too many real instruments playing at once, so I saved, exited, restarted and now the mix is ridiculously bad. All the guitar and vocal parts now sound like they were recorded underwater, while the looped drums sound fine.

Is there any way to fix this? Or will I just have to start again? (I don't have the time capsule set up)

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
You likely have to adjust the mix on your instruments. Time Machine is a wonderful tool, I too regret not using it each time I sign the little paper that says the genius bar is not responsible for loss of data. Lately I've signed that one too often...

Or you could keep going and release your album for only aquatic life consumption.
Go Into the Water - Dethklok

mattrossner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2008
tried the easy stuff already

Unfortunately, now when I open the song file in garageband, all the real instrument files, even when played at maximum volume, sound really bad. Not a simple mixing problem. I'm thinking more and more likely a software glitch...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.