Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

North Bronson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
San José
When I installed Logic, I installed the FX and Music Beds to my external drive. I bought a new computer and installed Logic, but I don't know how to tell it where to find all the audio files on the external.

My external drive has this 'Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro' folder. It takes hours to install and I don't want to have to delete this folder so that I can install it again just so that Logic knows where it is. Does anyone know how I can tell Logic where to find these files? Is there an option in Preferences that I'm missing somewhere?

Along those lines, is there any way that I can install the Jam Packs to my external? I didn't see the option in the installer.

Plumbstone

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
If you open up the loops browser on the right side of the main logic page you should be able to simply drag the folders containing all the new apple loops, from Finder, onto it. You will be asked whether you want to copy them to your internal apple loops folder or simply leave them where they are and refer to them.

This should work fine for the ones which are already on your external and the ones you want to add. Just copy the new ones onto your external drive first and then do the same as before...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.