Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
hey!
I have a question and I hope you guys can help me.

On my new iPhone 3G there is a small stripe on the bottom where the touchscreen doesn't work.
It's a very very small strip and all funktions (including the dock icons) are working just fine, I only notice it when im inside a drawing app.
If I draw a line with my finger (inside a drawing app of course) the line doesn't "touch" the bottom end of the screen, in fact the line stopps right before it.
It really hard to describe, so I included a photo.

I know its no really a big problem but I dont want it to turn into something serious.

Thanks in antvantage!

Attachments

• P1040298.JPG
    P1040298.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 87

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
Come on people, can't somebody try it for me? I just want to know if your able to draw a line over the small stripe on the bottom.
And please use a small line size.

Sorry for being impatient, but ill travel overseas (plane is leaving tomorrow noon) and I really want to know weather I should visit an Apple Store before I leave, because Ill be in Europe for 2 month.

neesh0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
i did the same thing with the game trace and got the same result, i guess its not supposed to work, but if it is, then i guess im in the same boat as you

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
i did the same thing with the game trace and got the same result, i guess its not supposed to work, but if it is, then i guess im in the same boat as you

Thank you so much for your answer!
I also noticed it in the trace game at first.
But why the hell shouldn't it be supposed to work? That makes absoulutely no sense.

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Forgive me for my ignorance, but how is this a problem? I've not yet run into an application that requires use of the bottom or top 2 mm.

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
Forgive me for my ignorance, but how is this a problem? I've not yet run into an application that requires use of the bottom or top 2 mm.

As I said, I don't want it to turn into a more serious problem.
Thnak you for your answer anyways.

icewing

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
St Louis
I have the same problem.

I posted another thread about the volume control being unresponsive in the Apple Remote application - do you have a problem with this also?

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
I have the same problem.

I posted another thread about the volume control being unresponsive in the Apple Remote application - do you have a problem with this also?

No, its just a really small stripe onthe bottom that does not work. You should definitely go and get your iPhone exchanged!

Does anyone else get the issue that i have?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.