Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 8, 2008, 04:56 PM   #1
RaZaK
macrumors regular

Unhappy Airplane Mode Battery Drain?

My apologies in advance if this topic has already been posted and discussed ad nauseam, and yes, forum regulars, I did search before posting.

I am overseas and didn't want to take a chance with getting a big AT&T bill this month. So, I'm leaving my iPhone on Airplane Mode.

I noticed that my battery seems to be at half power at the end of the day even if I may have only played music for 2 hours, max.

Should I be concerned about this? The hard drive is almost completely full (~15 GB), but that shouldn't be the cause of the battery drain, right?

Is this something I should get looked at by the Apple Store when I get back home?
RaZaK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2008, 05:02 PM   #2
RaZaK
macrumors regular

Exclamation Some additional info

my iPhone 3G is on the default brightness settings, and I do occasionally look at pix of friends and family back home throughout the day. However, that doesn't happen for extend periods of time.

Most of the day, the iPhone is in my pocket doing nothing.
RaZaK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2008, 06:24 PM   #3
mrtune
macrumors 6502a

While in airplane mode, I get crazy battery life. Just today I went to charge my phone. 7 1/2 hours (mostly music, some wifi internet) and 3 days standbye. I had only used about 25-35% of the battery.

If it's draining that fast one you, its most likely because of a app that didn't close properly and is running amock, and hogging resources and draining your battery.

A simply restart will take care of it. Happens to me too every once in a while.

Actually, it's good habit to turn off/on the phone at least once a day to help prevent those runaway apps.
mrtune is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:34 PM   #4
neesh0
macrumors 6502a

you could try calibrating the battery meter as well,
i think there are specific instructions on how to do it somewhere on these forums
2 Gb DDR3 RAM
neesh0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone