Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quadriplegicjon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
I had an eDrive on my external disk, and I went through the documented procedure for removing it (booting into the DVD, etc.)

After removing the eDrive, I clicked on the menu bar and was scrolling through in order to restart the computer, but TechTools crashed and restarted.. nothing was running at the time, so I thought everything was okay. Upon reboot, the drive won't load on my computer (i have rebooted a few times already). Neither USB, Firewire 400, nor Firewire 800 work.. but the strange thing is that the drive loads fine on my other laptop (macbook). What could it be?

I am running OSX 10.5.5 on a Macbook Pro 2.2 GHz SR (Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1).

Oh, and I tested out the USB ports with my thumb drives and they seem to be working fine with anything else.

:(

P.S. oh, techtools wasnt actually installed on the computer.. i had it installed before i upgraded to 10.5, which is why i booted into the dvd in order to remove the eDrive..

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
do you see the drive on the left pane in disk utility? if so, do a verify/repair disk.

quadriplegicjon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
Are you trying to mount the drive with Finder on both systems? If it only mounts properly on hers in Finder...um...yeah (have fun figuring that one out, because I'd have no idea). Otherwise, it sounds like it could be related to the software installation you are using. How is the drive in question formatted? That could have something to do with it...plus I don't know what the hell an eDrive is.

you are soapster on GAF arent you??! you posted the same exact thing there. :lol

im running a repair disk through my girlfriends laptop.. hope that works. :)

mangus

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2009
Problem Solved

I had the same issue, and thought I had lost all my Time Machine backups. All I had to do was Mount the drive from Drive Utility. I first verified the disk, then the Volume appeared. Then I clicked on the Volume and Mounted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.