Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bstreiff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
So, I went to update an app from the App Store... and now my iPhone is just ignoring all input on the touchscreen.

Still responds to the physical buttons fine, though. However, while I can hold the lock button to try and power off, I still need to use the touchscreen in order to 'slide to power off.' Whoops!

Is there a way to turn off the iPhone to restart it without using the touchscreen?

Reactions: TrixieMclean

bstreiff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Ah, nevermind, figured it out.

Lock button + home button for like 10 seconds.

TrixieMclean

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2015
So, I went to update an app from the App Store... and now my iPhone is just ignoring all input on the touchscreen.

Still responds to the physical buttons fine, though. However, while I can hold the lock button to try and power off, I still need to use the touchscreen in order to 'slide to power off.' Whoops!

Is there a way to turn off the iPhone to restart it without using the touchscreen?

Works on iPhone 6 too good looking out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.