Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
if it doesnt have physical buttons to play games, it wouldnt matter if the device was 1gazillion cores with 1 gazillion gigs of ram

its all about the interface and frankly, touch only is crap

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
As much as I like the iPhone and think of it as possibly the best phone to use in da wurld, like. I just can't use it for games. I've played some full game demos at the Apple Store and played some demos on my iPod Touch but these aren't the depth, the quality or have the level of control that the DS/PSP has. They're great Flash-esque games though.

A single touchscreen as 1 of 2 forms of input is a big no-no as fingers get in the way of action. And then motion controls are ace, but on a handheld? Where your also looking at the device? Good gracious no!

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I use my iphone just fine for games...though maybe not hard core games, but still use it more than my DS these days. Love the simplicity of pulling it out for Sudoku and Aurora Feint. In travel mode on a busy train I don't like struggling through plotlines and unnecessary dialogue in a hand held game. I hope Apple helps bring hand held gaming back to quick burst gaming that it should be, not trying to make every game an epic console type affair...

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.